Thursday, January 13, 2011

Saturday-Ein Gedi Spa

Saturday--January 8    

What to do today.  
the view looking toward Wadi Argurot from behind the dining hall

I’d thought about going to Wadi Argurot but I didn’t get up in time to take the bus to the Nature Reserve that left at 8:10.  Oh well, it’s shabbat so I’ll just take it easy.
There is a big problem with stray cats and I mention this here because after washing out my pants and letting them sit on a chair to dry on of those cats peed on my pants.  
Are you kidding me!
I had to wash them again.
I decided I would just go to the spa today and spend some time catching up on writing.

I needed to sit in the lobby for the wireless internet and wrote for several hours.  I missed the 12:30 bus to the spa so thought I would get the 2:00 one.
I got to the lobby at 1:50 and was waiting.  I started to have a conversation with the girl in the shop and at 2:05 there still wasn’t a bus.  When I went to the desk to find out about the bus they said it had been there.  I hadn’t seen it.  Now it was 2:15 and there were two other people waiting as well.
When they found the driver he said he had been there at 2:00 and no one was outside. Well, I didn’t know I needed to wait outside and I had been there since 1:50. 
After much discussion and the girl in the shop verifying that I had indeed been in the lobby waiting since 1:50 the driver took the other two women and myself to the spa.



at the spa looking to Dead Sea

The weather wasn’t so nice today.  I thought I would go down to the Dead Sea and float then have some mud and then to the baths.
It was quite the walk down to the Dead Sea and started to rain when I was nearly there.  It was rather cold by now and I decided I didn’t really care if I floated or not so I turned around and went back to the mud.
I slathered myself up and sat to let it dry.  Into the sulpher showers and then to the baths.  I was regulated by knowing that the last bus would be coming at 4:00.  I had my 15 minutes in the bath and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The sulpher really stinks and I needed to really wash out my bathing suit.

The white near the shore is the salt

When I got back to the hotel it was sunset time and it was a sight to see.
Sunset looking at Jordan

Back to the hotel for my last night of buffet.
No activities tonight just hanging in the lobby using wireless connection like all the other people with their computers.  Hotel lobbies are the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment